Clio can play sounds effects in response to events within the game. The sounds are
standard Windows .wav files, so you can replace them with your own files
if you wish to modify the sounds. If you don't want a particular sound to play, you can
simply remove the relevant file.
If you are not hearing any sound effects when using Clio, check the following:
- Make sure that your sound card and drivers are correctly installed, and that you can
play sound files such as MP3s.
- Make sure you have Clio version 1.2 or later. Sound effects will not
work with versions of Clio prior to version 1.2. Clio displays the version number in the
top right-hand corner when you first login to MUD2.
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the Clio sound effects. You must
download these in addition to downloading the client.
- Make sure the sound effects have been installed in the Sounds directory
below the main Clio directory. By default, Clio is installed in C:\Program
Files\Clio MUD2 Client\, and the sound files are installed in C\Program
Files\Clio MUD2 Client\Sounds\. If you install Clio in, say, D:\Programs\Clio\
then you must install the sound files in D:\Programs\Clio\Sounds\.
- In Clio, press the CTRL-W key several times to ensure that sound
effects are enabled.
If you are still having problems, please mail email@example.com
with full details.